- About Stevia Reb..
- How To Grow Stevia Reb..
- Benefits of Stevia Reb..
- Maintenance Tips
- Shipping Info
Sweet leaf is one of the most popular, leaf vegetables from India to Malaysia. It merits attention and cultivation in Australia, as it is one of the most prolific, heavy yielding, nutritious and appetising green leaves. In research trials in Malaysia, sweet leaf yields per hectare, surpassed all other greens
Potting Soil mix
Every 3-4 Month
- Select a location in full sun with average soil.
- Prepare the bed by turning the soil under to a depth of 8 inches. Level with a rake to remove clumps of grass and stones.
- Dig a hole for each plant large enough to amply accommodate the root ball. Space plants 18 inches apart.
- Carefully remove the plant from its pot and gently loosen the root ball with your hands to encourage good root development.
- Place the top of the root ball even with the level of the surrounding soil. Fill with soil to the top of the root ball. Press soil down firmly with your hand.
- Use the plant tag as a location marker.
- Thoroughly water and apply a light mulch layer on top of the soil (1-2 inches) to conserve water and reduce weeds.
- Natural Sweetener
- Weight Loss Aid
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Cavity Prevention
- Bring it indoors for the winter, preferably in early September before evenings become cool.
- Leaves are sweetest in the cool temperatures of autumn. They also taste best prior to the plant blooming.
1. Avoiding nitrogen-rich fertilizers as they can weaken its taste