Outdoor-Sunny or Indoor
15" to 30"
- About Silver Tor..
- How To Grow Silver Tor..
- Benefits of Silver Tor..
- Maintenance Tips
- Shipping Info
Cleistocactus strausii is a perennial cactus native to high mountain regions. The Silver Torch cactus can be an attractive accent plant to your landscape or patio. In its natural habitat it receives plenty of water during the summer, but almost none over the winter period.
There are about 28 species of these tall, slender desert cacti, but only Cleistocactus strausii is widely cultivated indoors.
Nitrogen Phosphorus Potassium Fertilizer
Every 3-4 Month
1. Plant silver torch cactus in soil amended with at least 50 percent sand.
2. Water the plant regularly in the absence of rainfall.
3. Feed silver torch cactus lightly in late spring and again in mid-summer.
4. Spray the cactus with insecticidal soap spray ( Reapply every 4-to-7 days, as needed).
1. Interesting Color Change in the Landscape
1. During the fall, reduce watering to every five weeks if the ground dries out.
2. In winter, keep the cactus dry.
3. Water the plant very lightly if it looks shriveled.
1. Never water if the top of the soil feels damp.
2. Never over-fertilize.