Outdoor-Sunny or Indoor
12" to 18"
- About Bunny Ears
- How To Grow Bunny Ears
- Benefits of Bunny Ears
- Maintenance Tips
- Shipping Info
Bunny ears forms a 2- to 3-foot tall plant with a spread of 4 to 5 feet in its native habitat. In the home, it is a slow growing plant that will likely reach 2 feet in height and have about the same width. It makes an excellent container plant with its paired 3- to 6-inch long pads, which start out a rosy red and deepen to bright green.
An interesting bit of bunny ears cactus information is that it does not develop spines. Instead, it grows glochids, which are short whitish brown prickles.
Clay Sand Mix
Nitrogen Phosphorus Potassium Fertilizer
Every 3-4 Month
1. Require full sun to partial shade with a well-drained soil mix.
2. The plants are watered and allowed to dry thoroughly before watering again
3. During the winter months, the plants enjoy a cold place where the temperature is dropped to 5/10° C, but hardy to -5° C for short periods of time if very dry. During this period water only enough to keep the pads from shrivelling.
1. Decorative Purpose
- Caution is urged when handling the cactus.
- Water can be the death of the plant but it does need consistent moisture during the growing season.