- About Zed Plant
- How To Grow Zed Plant
- Benefits of Zed Plant
- Maintenance Tips
- Shipping Info
ZZ Plant - name Zamioculcas zamiifolia was long and difficult to say, many nursery workers simply shortened it to Zz. ZZ plant stems grow in a graceful, wand-like shape that starts thick and bulbous at the base and then tapers to a point. Along the stem are fleshy, oval-shaped leaves that make the plant look like stylized feathers. The entire plant has a waxy, shiny coating that makes it appear to resemble those made of plastic. Between the sculptural qualities of the plant and its waxy coating, it is not uncommon for people to insist that it must be an artificial plant.
Potting Soil MIx
Every 15-16 Month
1. Place the pot in an area that receives at least eight hours of bright, indirect sunlight.
2. Fill an 8-inch pot with damp organic potting soil.
3. Water the plant every one to two weeks. Always allow excess water to drain, and never allow the pot to sit in water.
4. Feed 4 times a year with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted by half.
1. Remove Air Pollutants and Chemical Toxins from Air
- If your mature ZZ plant is too large or if you want to create a new plant, this is a good time to divide the plant.
- Cut away leaflets that are turning yellow near the base of a stem.
- If you do not have an area that receives bright, indirect sunlight during the day, set the ZZ plant leaves under a grow light. Set the grow light to run for 12 to 16 hours a day.
- Do not over-saturate the soil containing the leaves.
What Our Customers Say