- About Ponytail P..
- How To Grow Ponytail P..
- Benefits of Ponytail P..
- Maintenance Tips
- Shipping Info
The Pony Tail Palm is not actually a palm, also goes by the names Bottle Palm and Elephant’s Foot because of its bulbous base. Ponytails make great indoor Bonsais and, are ideal for beginners who desire a slow growing, low maintenance plant for home, office or anywhere. The Ponytail Palm has a unique feature in the swollen base of the trunk, which is where it stores a reserve of water making it highly tolerant to drought. The texture of the trunk looks and feels like an elephant’s foot from which clusters of long strap-like leaves arch and droop gracefully from the trunk giving the impression of a tropical palm. No two specimens are alike ensuring that your ponytail bonsai is a one of a kind treasure.
Every 3-4 Month
1. Provide your ponytail palm with bright indirect light to full sun.
2. Because water is stored in the trunk for longer time periods, it doesn’t need to be watered frequently. Your Ponytail palm will need its soil to dry well between watering.
3. Spread a 1-inch layer of mulch around the base of the tree using a rake. Keep the mulch 4 to 6 inches from the ponytail palm's trunk to avoid causing rot or disease.
4. Fertilize the ponytail palm once per year, in the spring when the plant begins to produce new growth. Apply a 10-10-10 nitrogen-phosphorous-potassium slow-release fertilizer at a rate of 1 tablespoon per square foot of soil.
5. pray the ponytail palm's foliage periodically with a steady stream of water to wash off dust and grime that may attract harmful insects.
1. Elegant, Curious and Beautiful Houseplant
1. If yellow foliage begins to appear, allow several days to pass before watering again and make sure the soil is draining well and the roots are not sitting in water.
2. Keep the fertilizer at least 6 inches away from the trunk. Rake the fertilizer into the top 3 inches of soil. Water the area thoroughly.
1. Do not water the tree if the soil is damp or cool and when the topsoil feels dry, water thoroughly and deeply.