- About Kanakambar..
- How To Grow Kanakambar..
- Benefits of Kanakambar..
- Maintenance Tips
- Shipping Info
Firecracker flower makes a stunning house plant that blooms dependably from spring through fall. It is an ornamental / flower that typically grows as a perennial, which is defined as a plant that matures and completes its lifecycle over the course of three years or more. Its deeply veined, glossy leaves grow in opposite pairs, growing up to 5 in (13 cm) long. Orange flowers are most common, but other colors include red, yellow and pink. The flowers are held upright from green tubular bracts. Even young plants are eager to bloom, sending up clusters of flowers most of the year.
Potting Soil Mix
Every 12-13 Month
1. Crossandra like bright shade. Place them in bright, indirect light.
2. Apply any potting mix soil.
3. Crossandra need relatively high amounts of water. Keep them moist during the growing season and never allow them to dry out.
4. These plants need a week liquid fertilizer every week during the growing season. In the winter, cut back to once every month or so.
5. Crossandra should be deheaded regularly to keep the plant blossoming as long as possible. Snip off the flower stalks at the ground level to do so.
1. Highly Effective in Curing Wounds
2. Ornamental Purpose
1. In dry climates, mist the leaves weekly to provide enough moisture for them.
2. In the winter, provide as much light as possible.
1. In the winter, they need less water but should still never be allowed to dry out altogether.
2. Never over fertilize! You will see lots of weak, leafy growth and few flowers.
What Our Customers Say