- About Dracaena- ..
- How To Grow Dracaena- ..
- Benefits of Dracaena- ..
- Maintenance Tips
- Shipping Info
Dracaena marginata, commonly called red-edge dracaena, is an evergreen tree with stiff, ribbon-like red-margined green leaves and slim, curving stalks for trunks. It is a striking plant that resembles a small palm tree with long textured stems that curve and twist with tufts of long, narrow olive leaves edged in red. It gets it shape by losing the lower leaves, exposing the textured stems.
Organic Soil, Potting Soil Mix
All Purpose Fertilizer
Every 12-13 Month
1. The University of Arizona classifies this plant as requiring medium light. That means it needs light, but cannot tolerate direct sunlight.
2. Change the soil in the pot of your purchased plant if it isn't well-draining organic soil.
3. Fill a small bucket with tap water and let it sit out for a period of 24 hours to let the fluoride evaporate.
4. Mist your plant once per day with a spray bottle that has been filled with water. This is necessary because corn plants require a humid environment.
5. Apply a fertilizer every three months to the soil surrounding the corn plant.
1. Ornamental Purpose
1. Distilled water can be used instead of tap water.
2. The planting hole needs to be at least twice as big as the plant bale.
1. Avoid water-logging.
2. Do not let the root bale dry out.
What Our Customers Say